Saturday, November 5, 2011

Quick Note

Before going out today, 11/6, I want to make a few points. First off, you will never have more fun using the restroom than in Japan. Toilets here have heated seats, automatic deodorizer to mask smell, can play a flushing noise to mask sound, and include both a bidet and wider area of effect spray with adjustable water pressure. I really don't want to go back to American toilets.

Here are the basic settings on a Toto Toilet.

I've yet to use one of these; thankfully I haven't been forced to.


Today we're going to Yoyogi park, Harajuku, and perhaps Shibuya and Shinjuku. There's a 60% chance of rain, from what I can gather from Japanese weather channels. I don't think it will be particularly hard though. I'm wearing my "Nihonjin Kanojo Boshu Chuu"or "Looking for Japanese Girlfriend" shirt. I might meet up with Yuya, a friend I've got to know the past two weeks via email. I don't want to say too much about today, as I will likely write about it tonight in more detail.

Until then,
Daniel

2 comments:

  1. How, exactly, does one use the toilet(?) in the second photo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Squat. My mom has apparently tried it and had no issues. Sometimes they don't have toilet paper though, so you need to carry around tissues. All of the ones I've seen so far have had it though. I don't need to use the restroom much outside of the hotel, which is kind of convenient.

    ReplyDelete